Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Olivia is THREE months-old







My baby girl is three months old!




Time has flown by way too fast. Three months old means it's time for Mama to go back to work! This is officially my last week of maternity leave. I go back on Tuesday, September 18th after having close to 16 weeks off total (my last day of work was June 1st). I had almost two weeks off prior to having Olivia, eight weeks of maternity leave, and six weeks of Paid Family Leave.

It's very bittersweet. I'm so attached to Olivia and she to me, that I can't imagine not being with her all day long but I know we need to get this show on the road so to speak. We need to get into our new routines as a family. Carter is also starting preschool the same day I go back to work and I'm anxious to see how life settles. I'm nervous, sad, excited, stressed, but overall I am at peace with it. Life goes on, and I really do love my work but I know the adjustment period will be hard.

My mom will watch Olivia on Mondays and Wednesdays at her house, and we're paying a friend to watch her on Tuesdays and Fridays at our house. I plan on keeping Olivia with me on Thursdays at first. I'll bring her in the office for a few hours, and my husband (we work together) will cover for me the remainder of the day. I'll nurse Olivia on my lunch break and pump in between.



I'm planning on spending the next 5 days snuggling my little girl as much as possible. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet and squishy! Good luck back at work!!

Anonymous said...

She looks so much like you, even this young! Wishing you and the kiddos a smooth transition back into your work routine. :)