Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 5, 2013

LONG break..

I'm going to try and sort of update the happenings in our household.



I have no excuses for my long absence here. I am still reading the usual blogs, but I think after a certain amount of time had passed, I didn't really know where to start so I kept putting it off. So much has happened but so much as stayed the same, and that is good. I started feeling super narcissistic like here is my blog where I talk about my lovely kids and my lovely life, blah blah, and I had a hard time struggling with writing about my life without coming across that way even though I like to read about other peoples lives and their blogs. I would get really unsure about myself and would worry about coming across stupid or lame, or not having perfect grammar, and then I'd feel all anxious about it. Breathe. Anyway..

I have to start somewhere so here goes nothing..

 

Carter is turning F-O-U-R this month! He is so incredibly wise, smart, and sometimes I look at him and wonder how the heck this awesome little man from came us, but he did. Also, the terrible threes are totally real and they suck, but things have turned around in the last few months so that's good.

He started PRE-K this week which seems crazy, and he is so proud to be in the "big kid" class which is kind of adorable because they are all obviously so not "big kids" yet.

Olivia had her 1st birthday party in June (rainbow inspired for my rainbow baby) and I'm sure I will do a blog post soon about that party. It was a really special day for both of us. But I don't want to have to plan a birthday party ever again, until you know, Carter's 4th this month, ah.




She is a walking, talking, sassy little woman and that scares me. Do I really have two rambunctious, smart mouthed, sassy children? Yes, yes I do. Couldn't I get one really easy, mellow kid? I guess Olivia is mellow in some ways, but she is so feisty it blows me away. Someone told me that it's due to her having an older brother. She has to fight for what she wants or her big brother will take it from her, so that is what she does.



I feel like I've turned a leaf with my photography as well, I can't look at photography the same way ever again after some classes I took. I'm constantly critiquing everything I see. I used to see pictures and think "wow, that looks great!" and now I look at the same pictures and think, "omg, there is totally a green cast all over their faces, people paid them to do that?!" Not that I am an expert by any means, I am way too insecure to consider myself one but I think I've come a long way.






I'm still working full-time, thinking about more babies, and then changing my mind, dealing with a multitude of things, but my kids are healthy, I'm alive, and marriage has never been better so I can't complain.

More to come...

Am I actually going to hit publish this time?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!!!! And I think your photography has improved! It was great before, but it is even more exceptional now. Glad to see you back!!! I love your posts and your children are gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, yeah, you better have hit publish. ;)

Seriously, I was changing Rowan's diaper this morning and thinking, "It's been a long damn time since Michelle blogged..."

Really!

Anonymous said...

e cigarette, e cigarettes, ecig, electronic cigarette reviews, e cigarette reviews, smokeless cigarettes

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog and love it! I wish you were still updating!