Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Olivia is TWO months old!


Olivia turned two months old on August 11th! Sorry for such a late post, I've been trying to soak in every free moment of maternity leave I have left (which ends September 18th). Plus, I'm home with both kids most days, except for Tuesdays and Thursdays when Carter goes to daycare, so it's almost impossible to blog when I have both kids. Carter is a handful and has SO MUCH energy that entertaining him is a constant job, oh and so is that whole newborn thing too. I've been pretty busy, but also so happy. I feel so much gratitude for having Olivia here that I'm overwhelmed by it all sometimes. Okay, off topic. On to Olivia's two month post...



Her two month check-up stats:

Weight: 12.9 pounds, 90% percentile
Height: 23 inches, 90% percentile

She is one big chub-a-lub, that's for sure! Her weight is proportionate to her height so she's just a big girl all over! Carter was always on the smaller side (10-15% percentile) so Olivia and Carter are definitely polar opposites in every sense. I read that exclusively breastfed babies tend to grow faster than formula fed babies for the first three months and then they level out, so we'll see if that holds true for us. 


Olivia is one smiley girl! She smiles constantly, even when her big bro pokes her and tugs on her ears (in a loving way). Carter adores her, but still doesn't understand how gentle he needs to be. He can't wait until she can start playing toys with him, he loves playing with other kids, and frankly, I get tired of playing blocks with him all day long so I can't wait either! Carter is already a protective big brother. The first thing he says in the morning when he walks into our room is "Where's my sister? I love my sister," and then he'll climb up in bed with us and give her a huuuge hug and a kiss. It's all very sweet, but I still wouldn't trust him alone with her, haha.


We're all still sleeping really well, which is so funny because it was the ONE thing that Andy was so worried about when I was pregnant. He so terrified to have a newborn again and not be able to sleep, ever, as it was when we had Carter. And I haven't had one single day this time where I felt like a walking zombie. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with this being our second, and also because she is just really good.

We are still co-sleeping and loving it. We go to bed between 8:30pm - 9:30pm every night, and she usually falls asleep for the night between 9-10pm. She usually wakes around 3am for a quick feed and that is it. Occassionally she wakes a 2nd time around 6am, but she hasn't lately. I'm usually up for the day around 7ish, and I'll feed her and then pump. If she's still asleep I'll pump first and then I'll feed her when she wakes up. I get about 5 ounces every morning (total), and I freeze it for later. I didn't pump one day last week and oh man, I was so engorged all day long. Bad idea!

The bag on the left is full of milk I pumped in July, and before I realized I should be freezing the bags flat for easier storage. Duh. 


I think I have a decent freezer stash so far. She takes a botle whenever I leave her with Andy for a few hours which is usually once or twice a week. I have never seen her take a bottle because I've never been around for it, but he said she takes it really well. We use the Tommee Tippee bottles and after trying virtually every bottle in existence with Carter these by far are our favorite. I also have a small freezer stash at my parents house with a few bottles because we spend so much time there. I love that I can leave at a moments notice, and not have to worry about her having enough milk. This was part of the reason we supplemented with Carter. I only pumped when I was working (enough for the next day), never built up a freezer stash, and was super anxious about nursing in public so he was given formula when I left the house but we nursed all other times. I loved breastfeeding the first time around so I'm glad I am able to do it more this time. I don't know how long I'll be able to do it when I go back to work, but I'm hoping to get to 6 months and then I'll reassess the situation, and possibly set a second goal if we are all happy and comfortable with our routine.


This might sound obnoxious, but I'm obsessed with my daughter. Obsessed. She is this happy little bug most of time and I can't get enough of her. She coos at me and tries to talk to me all the time! I love the big girl smiles she gives me when I look at her. She is a mama's girl already, that is for sure, but I know in time she will most definitely be a daddy's girl.


This adorable little guy is starting preschool when I go back to work! It's an actual school with a class room and teachers and everything, he's becoming such a big boy. I'm so excited for his "first day of school" and you can be sure I will take a ton of pictures to document it. I'm a little nervous about how he will behave at school with his teachers and other kids, but he does well in daycare so I hope he will be okay. I'm really looking forward to this next step in his development. He is a huge talker and knows SO much already that sometimes I'm surprised by him. This kid loves to learn, I know he will love school!


I will leave you with some purty pictures I took of my kids yesterday at the park. 






I've been spending time practicing with photoshop during my leave and I took an online class last week to further my editing skillz. Can you tell?

I have re-edited some of my pictures for practice. Here is a picture I re-edited from Amy's maternity shoot. The picture on the left is my original edit, the right is the new edit. I've been editing pictures for fun in my free time lately, I'm weird.


I think that's a good update for today! Now I'm off to snuggle my little one while I can.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all of your pictures! Olivia and Carter are precious! And I can tell a difference in your pictures. Btw, you aren't weird, once I learn a new trick in editing pictures I go back and re-edit pictures. :)