Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 21, 2011

i like to take pictures

I do. I always have. And I'm FINALLY learning how to use my DSLR. It only took a few years, right? I took photo twice in high school, and twice in college but we had film cameras back then, and I've forgotten most of what I learned. I know I've always loved setting up shots, capturing beautiful moments, and I'm always finding new places and people I want to take pictures of. I'm the annoying friend with the camera in your face, and it's been that way since middle school.
I remember when my brother was three or four, I dressed him in a white button down shirt, black slacks, greased his hair back  and made him pose like a model for a mini photo-shoot. I have those pictures lying in a box somewhere but I'd love to drag them out one day and share with you all.

I'm really excited to say that I'm taking my first photography workshop this Saturday with a photographer. It was a bit pricey, but I've looked at this photographers work before and I'm crossing my fingers this will be worth it. I'll definitely post about my experience afterward, and hopefully I'll have some purty pictures to share with you all.

I've been shooting for about a month now off of my "auto" button, and I already see such a difference in my photos. I need to take a class on the editing part, I know I could make these pictures look much better with some good editing, but here are some of my favorite pictures I've taken in the last month using my manual settings.













3 comments:

katherinebee said...

I love all of these pictures! You're a great photographer! I've been itching to get a nice camera for a while. I used to use a Canon Rebel at my last job that was pretty much mine, but I need to hop on it and invest in my own. Thanks for the kick in the rear!

Amy said...

I love the beach photos! I hope the workshop goes well!

Michelle said...

Thanks ladies!! I have a Canon Rebel now and have bought other lenses for it, but the only one I use is the kit lense or the 50mm 1.4 that Lauren recommended. I do love it. The beach photos are my favorite too! Do it, do it Katie!! Someday I'd like to get a Nikon.