Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 18, 2011

Support

After posting my story about baby Rose, I received so much support from everyone! I was amazed at how many people told me they were touched by my experience in some way. I'm glad that in her short little life, baby Rose was able to touch other people, and not just my friends and family, complete strangers shed tears for her. She will always be my baby, always. I'm still working on the last part to my story about how I'm dealing on a day to day basis, but I'm not finished with it yet so please stay tuned.

A lot of people wait to share pregnancy news until they are in the "safe" zone of the second trimester or 12 -13 weeks. I shared very early with both of my pregnancies, and I'm glad I did. I don't think having a miscarriage is anything to be embarrassed or ashamed of. Too often it goes unspoken. I personally was happy that others knew around me what I was going through. This is a part of my life like anything else, and I want everyone to know that yes I have a daughter, her name was Rose and we lost her. I was also happy that I didn't have to cover up my sadness because nobody knew what was happening. I wanted to be sad and comforted and I was. Sometimes I still do.

I posted on Facebook about my loss within days of it happening. Everyone on my FB knew I was pregnant, and I toyed with not saying anything, but didn't want people to ask me about the pregnancy, so I announced it. Announcing a miscarriage on FB was difficult to do, and I received a ton of support back.

One of my old friends from high school in particular saw this post. She is always so sweet and commenting on my pictures and videos of Carter. She had remembered that I had posted about my experience back in Feb, and she reached out to me last week as she is currently going through a loss. I'm really happy I'm able to talk to her during this and I find a lot of comfort knowing that I've helped her. She has put up her story on her blog: Help, I'm Alive and she gave me permission to blog about it in hopes that she can help others in a similar situation.

If you've been in a similar situation and want to talk about it, please do! Feel free to email me MYork28 at gmail dot com.

5 comments:

Style, Decor & More said...

I announced early on that I was having twins after 6 years of infertility. One fetus, unfortunately, wasn't developing and didn't make it. I didn't know how I was going to tell everyone. It turns out that three other women in my office, who I worked with every day, had miscarriages. I never knew. One had a stillborn and the other one lost a 4 year old child. We all cried together and became very close. I cried more for them than myself. It put my miscarriage in a different perspective. My heart still ached, but there was a sense of relief (I guess?)that it wasn't a 4 year old child. I couldn't handle that.

Michelle said...

Oh my, a 4 year-old? I can't even imagine. I'm glad you were able to find comfort in sharing. It's mind-boggling how many people have experienced this. Thanks for stopping by!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower! I understand the hurt you are going through...just take it day by day and remember you are never alone! I look forward to reading your blog!
HUGS,
Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post ... :)
Following back, thanks for stopping by!
www.cutemammi.com

Ashley Miller said...

Thanks Michelle <3 Support is key and I feel overwhelmingly greatful for the support i'm receiving during my loss. I also could not imagine loosing a 4 year old.