Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Britney Spears

Last night my sister and I went to the Britney Spears Femme Fatale Concert in Anaheim at the Honda Center. I'm an avid Britney fan so it was incredible! I love watching her perform, love her old songs, I just flippin love her. Her fans are an eclectic group, let me tell you - but we share a common love for Brit.

We had dinner and a drink before hand at the Elephant Bar (so yummy). It was actually kinda funny because my sister and I were stuck in 2.5 hours of insane L.A. traffic when we decided to stop for a bite to eat. We were only about 7 miles from the venue at this point. We pulled off the freeway and after about 5-10 minutes of navigating the side streets we see the Elephant Bar. At this point we were SO hungry and ready to get out of the car. My sis gets in the lane which we thought was turning into the Elephant Bar parking lot, but nope, it actually was the lane to take us back on the freeway in the opposite direction of which we just came! Ugh. We were so aggravated but at that point all we could do was laugh. Another 20 minutes later and we finally made it to the Elephant Bar.

When we arrived there a very obnoxious drunk girl sitting directly behind me. She was actually beyond the point of obnoxious and I was more concerned that she was either going to vomit on me, or that she needed serious medical attention. Her friend kept dancing like nothing was wrong when everyone around could only stare and question what was happening.

During Nicki Minaj's entire set I couldn't focus. I was so worried that I would be covered in vomit and I would have to leave before Britney even came out. She was trying to drink her beer but instead she poured it all over her face and all over my chair. Um, thanks. At one point she leaned over and started spitting on the chair next to hers as if she was going to vomit, and that's when security stepped in. It took a few minutes for her to find her shoes (she was barefoot and walking in her own spit and beer), and for them to get her out. It was actually a little scary. She had to be on something other than alcohol, this was more than just really drunk. Also, these were super expensive seats and she was forced to leave before Britney even came out. Sad. I don't get how anyone could have "fun" like that.

The actual concert was amazing, mostly because I just love Britney so much. I've been a fan of hers since the 'Baby One More Time' days. That song came out when I was 15 and my friends and I learned all the dance moves to it. I've been known to bust out those moves on occasion since (including my wedding!).

I've actually been able to meet her twice in my life. Once after an N'Sync concert (more on my N'Sync lovin' days another time), and then again when I got to be an extra in her 'Sometimes' music video. I also bumped into her at a kids play place in February of this year. She lives in a nearby city. I think were destined to be best friends; don't you agree? No? :)

Here are some of my pictures from the night:


















Loved it and love her! I think this is my 3rd or 4th Britney concert, but I can only handle them every few years. The crowds and the craziness of it all kind of gets me claustrophobic. It's a bit overwhelming honestly.

Xoxo,

0 comments: