Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mini Photo Session - Carter

It had been a while since I picked up my camera and shot some good ole' fashion pictures of Carter. I was kinda itching to get out and shoot, and damn it felt good. I'd love to get more training and learn more about this blooming hobby of mine. I took photo in high school and college, but that was back when camera's had actual film in them and you had to develop pictures yourself. How ancient is that?

I've always been the paparazzi friend my entire life and have had this nagging desire to photo journal everything. I remember going to a concert when I was 17 and taking 8 rolls of film in the nosebleed section of these tiny little specks (maybe people) on stage. There was seriously no point to those pictures. I also remember dressing my little brother up at 4 years old and putting him in all these model-esque poses and taking tons and tons of pictures of him. And don't get me started on all the pictures I took of my friends, AND myself. Oh geez.

I'd love to find a good class to take, or a mentor to learn from. I'll just add that to my massive to do list that never ends.

Anyways, before dinner tonight Andy, Carter and I walked to this dusty alley near our house and took some pictures. I love finding the most raw and rural setting, they make for the best pictures.

I don't want Sunday to end.







Look at those baby blues. I'm a lucky girl.



And then Andy stepped in (or I made him) to get some of Carter and I.





I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I have some blog posts brewin right now on several topics that I hope I'll have time to get written, including one on the TTC front.

Xoxo, M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great photos. I don't know what effects you use for the more 50's-60's looking ambiance in some of them, but they look wonderful! You are a very talented photographer, cuz!

April D said...

Adorable!!!! I love the second to last one!! So sweet!